Talent and Training
Georgia is the ideal partner for developing and delivering a strategic workforce. Ranked No. 1 in the U.S. for workforce training, Georgia Quick Start delivers comprehensive workforce solutions, free-of-charge, for qualified new and expanding health information technology companies.
The Technical College System of Georgia has a broad range of targeted, fast-track certification programs to meet the growing demand for talent and careers in health information technology.
World-class post-secondary programs offered through the University System of Georgia award more than 2,800 IT degrees annually.
- One-year HIT Certificate - jointly offered by Gwinnett Technical College and the Georgia Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Administration, Master of Public Health with a concentration in Health Informatics and Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Information Administration - August University
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology - Technical College System of Georgia
- Health informatics concentrations in Bachelor of Business Administration in Computer Information Systems, Master of Science programs in Information Systems, Health Administration and Computer Science - Georgia State University
Georgia BioScience Training Center
- Georgia’s 6 percent corporate income tax applies only to income earned in Georgia
- Payroll withholding exemption (eligibility thresholds apply)
- Local property tax relief for qualified land, building and equipment
Sales Tax Exemption on qualified computer hardware and software
Logistics and Internet Infrastructure
- Highly reliable power infrastructure and competitive electric rates
- Unparalleled access to Latin and Central America with more than 300 flights per week to 26 destinations from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- Metro Atlanta ranks in the top five U.S. markets for total bandwidth and fiber access and two of the country’s largest fiber routes – North/South and East/West – cross in metro Atlanta
- Located 250 miles from the Gulf of Mexico and 240 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, Atlanta has minimal impact from hurricane activity and low risk of business disruption
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport serves 150 U.S. destinations and more than 70 international destinations